Monday, November 29, 2010

you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar

When I went overseas last year, me and my comrades befriended an Irish backpacker. After too many 'sex on the beaches' and other inappropriately named alcoholic beverages, he leaned over and with his bleary eyes and smoke scented breath mumbled,

"You Australian girls are so crude"

Now this small sentence, shouldn't have meant much to me but here I am, a year later wondering, is this true? Has responsible behaviour really taken a backseat to a new 'girls gone wild' era? With Disney child stars frantically trying to shed their pre-pubescent images by abusing the mediums of alcohol and provocative clothing, (Miley, you aren't fooling anyone) is it any wonder why the average 15 year old female suddenly resembles a scantily clad, makeup encrusted bratz doll?




(Left: Two 'typical' fifteen year old females from the Inner West. Right: Four 'Bratz' dolls)

Now I'm not saying you should run out and buy a knee length skirt a la little house on the prairie, but after a trip to the service station for petrol on a friday night, instead of filling up my car I was also treated to the sight of four underage girls, dressed in what looked like to be my mothers dishtowels with hair that resembled something that I pulled out of the shower drain earlier in the day, frantically puffing on a cigarette and waiting for their mentally challenged 28 year old boyfriend to buy their 'b&h smooth's'.

(Let's be serious, why smoke at a service station? Have you not seen Zoolander?)

Parents! Lock up your children! Teach them that they can actually make something out of themselves other than distributing oral sex for passion pop!

Note: Thank you to todaysapatheticyouth for giving me inspiration to whinge and complain about GEN Y

Unrelated Fact:
Has anyone realized that if you type 'disney' into any word document with automatic spell check the suggestion will come up to capitalize it? It's a daunting thought that the major media conglomerates of the world are now recognized enough to be placed into things such as 'Firefox word check' and 'Microsoft word'.

I wonder what the little paperclip guy would have to say about that.

C MEOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment